Because SARM understands the vital role administrators play in municipal governance in rural Saskatchewan, we developed the SARM Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Program to help support administrators.
The scholarship is for students enrolled in the Local Government Administration (LGA) Certificate Program at the University of Regina or the Business Diploma – Municipal Administration at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Three scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded annually, paid at the end of the completed semester. Application deadline is October 15th each year and must be supported by confirmation of enrollment during the current year.
Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Criteria
Deadline: October 15
Number of Scholarships: 3
Field of Study: LGA Certificate Program, University of Regina or Business Diploma – Municipal Administration, Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Minimum Credit Hours: 3-6 in the LGA or the Business Diploma – Municipal Administration Programs
Selection Based on these Criteria:
- Evidence that the student is registered and remains registered in and/or completed at least 3 credit hours in the LGA or the Business Diploma – Municipal Administration programs through the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Not be participating in a tuition reimbursement program.
- High School and/or Post-Secondary Transcripts.
- Letter of reference from a teacher, employer, or community leader.
- An essay demonstrating interest in Administration as a career in rural Saskatchewan and contributions to and knowledge of rural Saskatchewan.