Looking to Hire
Community Safety Officer (CSO)
Date Posted: September 29, 2022
Location: R.M. of Mervin No. 499
Employment Term: Full-Time
The Rural Municipality of Mervin No. 499 is now accepting applications for a Community Safety Officer. This is a full-time permanent position located in the Town of Turtleford.
Turtleford is a strong thriving community, located equidistant between the larger centers of Lloydminster and North Battleford. The region has a diversified background with a strong agricultural sector and a vibrant oil and gas sector. There are various amenities within the region including hockey arenas, curling rinks, bowling alleys, golf courses, schools and daycare facilities just to name a few. This, along with the various recreational activities that are available in the surrounding area due to the close proximity of having Bright Sand Lake and Turtle Lake nearby, make it a haven for recreational enthusiasts.
The CSO will be hired by the municipality, appointed by the Ministry through a Special Constable Appointment and will work collaboratively to patrol the hamlets and the RM through the provision of education, prevention, enforcement and intervention with interaction and liaison with RCMP and other law enforcement agencies.
The RM offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as a competitive salary based on relative experience.
- Respond to complaints and inquiries promptly, effectively and with professionalism
- Build and maintain positive professional working relationships using excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Liaise with law enforcement personnel, agencies and other organizations in the area
- Enforcement of municipal Bylaws
- Enforcement of Provincial Statutes as per appointment
- Court preparation and attendance
- Preparation of reports and presentations
- Administrative functions including all aspects of a record management system
- CSO certification, police certification or ability to obtain CSO certification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Clean Criminal Record as provided through Enhanced Criminal Records Check
- Successful completion of the Physical Abilities Evaluation Test (PARE) or the Sheriff’s Officer Abilities Test (SOPAT) or the ability to complete the evaluation and pass
- Baton and OC Spray certification, Radar and Defensive Driving, Self-Defense, Heavy Vehicle Weight certification, Conflict Resolution, First Aid and CPR certification as well as previous experience in law enforcement would be considered assets
Please send your resume and references by 4:30 p.m. on October 31, 2022 to:
The Rural Municipality of Mervin No. 499
c/o Brenda Ottenbreit-Appleton
Turtleford, SK S0M 2Y0
Date Posted: September 28, 2022
Location: R.M. of Great Bend No. 405
Employment Term: Full-Time
About the R.M. of Great Bend No. 405
The R.M. of Great Bend is located 30 minutes northwest of Saskatoon and consists of approximately 9 townships within 830 km². The municipal shop is located just outside the Village of Borden. The municipality is home to about 500 residents. We are currently seeking a Manager of Infrastructure to lead our infrastructure services department.
About the Infrastructure Manager Position
The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the management, administration and delivery of municipal infrastructure services. The Infrastructure Manager is also responsible for the implementation of the asset management plan, including the completion of preventative maintenance on municipal assets.
- Lead the management, administration and delivery of municipal infrastructure services for the RM for provision of local government responsibilities as outlined in The Municipalities Act and according to policies and procedures of the RM
- Lead the implementation of the asset management plan
- Develop and implement the preventative maintenance plan
- Ensure roadways are accessible, safe and in good driving condition
- Lead the operations of the RM gravel pit and road gravelling program
- Provide leadership to the maintenance and utility employees; train, schedule and supervise employees and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Excellent mechanical abilities
- Experience with road building and maintenance; and knowledge of grading techniques
- Valid Class 1A drivers’ license and clear driver’s abstract; criminal record check
- Experience leading a team
- Familiar with MS Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills; ability to maintain good records
- Effective public relations skills and communication skills
The R.M. of Great Bend No. 405 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If this sounds like a great fit for you, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. For further information, please call the RM Office at 306-997-2101.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is employed.
Date Posted: September 26, 2022
Location: City of North Battleford
Employment Term: Full-Time
The Roadways Supervisor position provides direct leadership and direction to the Roadways staff ensuring compliance with City policies, applicable Acts, regulations and maintenance programs including the Occupational Health and Safety Act. This position oversees road operations and functions to support the needs of the City.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized local government setting.
- American Public Works Association (APWA) or Certified Road Superintendent classification, Supervisor Program classification or be qualified to obtain designation.
- Heavy equipment operation, roads maintenance and construction experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of combined experience in the management of road operation staff, development, and implementation of municipal operations and maintenance program with respect to operation of the Core Municipal Infrastructure (roads, alleys, sidewalks, ditches, culverts, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations, planning, project management, budgeting and administrative management with knowledge in public works operations.
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 3A Drivers License.
- Acceptable 5-year Driver’s abstract and RCMP criminal record check required.
- Class 2 in Water Distribution and Wastewater collection would be an asset.
- Power Mobile Equipment Certification would be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides oversight and direction to staff and job sites ensuring compliance with City policy, applicable Acts, Regulations, guidelines, standards, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Provides leadership and management of the Road Operations staff and functions supporting the needs of the City Operations Department and other Departments with respect to operation of the Core Municipal Infrastructure (roads, sidewalks, ditches, culverts); and core operational functions related to road maintenance, operations and safety (signs and street line painting). Maintaining streets, including paved and gravel right of ways.
- Assists the Environmental Manager and Director of City Operations in preparing, coordinating, reviewing and/or providing recommendations on the capital and operating budgets including preventative maintenance programs, asset replacement programs and strategic plans; monitors and administers approved division budget and authorizes payment of accounts for operating budgets.
- Participates with staff supervision, including assisting with recruitment, selection, hiring, monitoring work, determining training and development needs, coaching and mentoring in accordance with collective agreements, City policies and practices.
To review the comprehensive Job Description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Number: RS001
Rate of Pay: $76,143 -$94,888 (OOS Band 4 – Manager Level 3)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00 pm (40 Hours per Week)
Posting Closing Date: October 23 2022 @ 4:00pm or until successful candidate is found
Superintendent of Public Works
Date Posted: September 1, 2022
Location: R.M. of Leask No. 464
Employment Term: Full-Time
The Rural Municipality of Leask No. 464 is looking for a Superintendent of Public Works to provide leadership and organization of the Public Works Department. Experience in the operation of heavy equipment and possession of a class 1A driver’s license is an asset. A job description is available from the R.M. office. The successful candidate will be employed full time. Normal hours of work are from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Some overtime may be required.
This position is not part of a union, and includes a full benefit package.
Please send resumes, including certifications, references, valid driver’s license and a criminal record check to:
Box 190, Leask, SK, S0J 1M0
Fax: (306) 466-2091
Deadline for is 4:00 p.m., October 5, 2022.
For more information call (306) 466-2000.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.