The RM of Meadow Lake No. 588 invites applications for the position of full-time CAO.
The RM of Meadow Lake serves a population of approximately 2500 people and requires the services of a self-motivated, qualified, full-time Administrator. The recently constructed office is in the City of Meadow Lake. The local economy is supported by agriculture, logging, tourism, governmental services and the pulp and lumber industry. The tax base is comprised of agricultural land, residential acreages, and commercial & industrial properties. The growing city has five schools, a hospital, regional park, 18-hole golf course, close access to the Meadow Lake Provincial Park, residential lots starting at $65,000 and the city is in the process of building a brand-new arena/recreation multiplex.
Under the authority and direction of Council, the CAO/Administrator is responsible for the implementation of all operations in accordance with policies, bylaws, and provincial legislation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum Class “C” Rural Certificate in Local Government Administration with at least 3 years’ experience, preference given to applicants with a Rural Class A or who are in the process of obtaining one.
- A relevant University Degree or other administrative management or accounting designation will be considered an asset
- Strong administrative background including excellent communication, management, organizational and human relations skills
- Discretion with matters that pertain to confidentiality
- Experience with road construction projects an asset
- Experience in the complete accounting cycle of a municipal office including assessment, budgeting, taxation, and financial statement preparation
- Proficiency in municipal accounting, municipal law, experience with Word, Excel and Munisoft programs
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and under strict timelines
The position offers a competitive salary above the normal pay grid that will reflect your level of experience. A comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, health and pension plan is also provided.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact current Interim CAO, Richard Levesque, at 306-236-5651.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume with a cover letter and references by 4 pm, April 30, 2023, to:
RM of Meadow Lake No. 588
c/o Richard Levesque
PO Box 668
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1Y5
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential start date will be July 1, 2023. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com