The RM of Snipe Lake is a progressive municipality located in West Central Saskatchewan, with operations located in Eston, Saskatchewan. The RM has a population of approximately 410, while the Town has a population of 1073. The cooperation of the RM and Town has allowed for many first-rate recreational facilities and the community is proud to support many local businesses including a new Co-op Food Store and Gas Bar, as well as K to 12 Education, Public Library etc. The RM offers a very attractive salary package including health, disability and life insurance, dental and vision (salary range $80,000 to $100,000).
Due to the forthcoming resignation of our current foreman, (August 31, 2023) The RM is seeking an interested individual who would work with the foreman for approximately 7 months and then assume the role. The position reports to the Administrator. The starting date could be as early as February 1, 2023.
Some key responsibilities include:
– Employee management, scheduling workloads to maximize productivity and efficiency, overseeing quality and effectiveness of work.
– Leading a staff of up to 20 (seasonal and year-round) employees through positive example; taking steps to encourage a positive work environment.
– Promoting and participating in workplace safety with a goal to working with, seeking new and establishing best practices.
– Ensuring the co-ordination of day-to-day responsibilities and project events for the municipality.
– Managing and providing training needs, performance evaluations and guidance sessions.
– Working with Administrative staff in asset management rating roads and assets.
– Providing input and feedback to the Council on capital purchases, road projects.
– Record keeping.
The candidate is required to:
– Possess a valid class 5 drivers license (Class 1A would be an asset)
– Have knowledge of and the ability to operate and train employees on road graders, scrapers, tractors, semi-trucks and other light, medium and heavy equipment.
– Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
The ideal candidate will possess:
– Mechanical skills (heavy duty mechanic would be an asset)
– Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects especially during the construction season.
– Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
– Have or obtain necessary safety courses such as Ground Disturbance, Confined Space etc.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume prior to 5 pm on January 18, 2023, by mail to RM of Snipe Lake, Box 786, Eston, SK S0L 1A0; by email to email@example.com, by fax to 306-962-4330
The resume should include:
• Past and present work experience with an emphasis to municipal roadwork and construction
• Education and related skills
• Current drivers abstract
• Three references 1 character 2 work related
• Salary expectations
We appreciate all interest, only people called for an interview will be notified. A current criminal record check will be required from those called for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org