FINANCE OFFICER - Town of Lumsden/R.M. of Lumsden No. 189
Date Posted: August 15, 2018
Nestled in the beautiful Qu’Appelle Valley, one of Canada’s prettiest towns, Lumsden offers a country pace life style with a full range of social, recreational and cultural opportunities for all ages and interests. A growing, vibrant and friendly community, only 15 minutes away from the City of Regina, has an active artistic and strong community spirit supported by the residents living in the Town and surrounding Rural Municipality. The population served exceeds 3700 and is growing with new residential and commercial developments.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Finance Officer will play a key role in the financial administration of both municipalities each having operating budgets exceeding $5M. This position is perfect for CAO’s who prefer the financial portion of their responsibilities and can live without the political, administrative and human resource aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct all accounting functions for both municipalities including compliance with applicable legislation and reporting requirements.
- Act as primary liaison with external auditors.
- Oversee and prepare the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manage reserve accounts and debt portfolios.
- Oversee and prepare tax and assessment rolls, tax notices, school and municipal hail statements.
- Keep current the tangible capital asset schedules.
- Research external funding sources and prepare applications for project assistance.
- Manage project funding and payment of expenditures.
Education and Qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or in the process of attaining a designation as a registered student member in good standing with an accounting organization is an asset but not necessary.
- Knowledge of accounting applications, GAAP and public-sector accounting standards.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Diamond software or a proven aptitude working with IT software systems is an asset.
- A strong knowledge of Excel and Crystal Reports is an asset.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and reports with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The salary range is sufficiently broad and is based on education, qualifications and relevant experience.
If you are interested in receiving more information or exploring this opportunity further, please contact the Chief Administrative Officer, Monica Merkosky at (306) 731-2404 ext 8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates for the position should apply by submitting their resume to email@example.com
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To learn more about the Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden please visit www.lumsden.ca
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of Mayfield No. 406
Date Posted: August 14, 2018
The R.M. of Mayfield No. 406 is accepting applications for a Rural Municipal Administrator, with duties to commence January 2, 2019. The successful applicant has the option to work with the present Administrator in December 2018 to become familiar with the municipality.
The position requires a minimum Class ‘C’ Certificate. Experience with Munisoft computer system would be an asset.
Please submit a resume including work experience, qualifications and work related references.
Salary based on SARM salary schedule. Benefits including short and long term disability, dental & health, matching pension are provided.
Submit applications by 4:00 p.m. on October 15, 2018 to:
R.M. of Mayfield No. 406
Maymont, Sask. S0M1T0
Fax: 306 389 2162
Phone: 306 389 2112
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of Elfros No. 307
Date Posted: August 10, 2018
The Rural Municipality of Elfros No. 307 invite applications for a qualified Administrator. This is a joint office with the Village of Elfros. Applicant would be required to complete the remaining training of an Administrator trainee under the MAIP program.
The office is located in the village of Elfros along Hwy 16 approximately 200 km east of Saskatoon.
Applicant should possess the following qualifications:
- Rural Class “A” Certificate in Local Government Administration, and be eligible to be a trainer under the MAIP program
- Strong communication, management, personal and organizational skills
- Experience with Munisoft computer system and Microsoft Office
A benefits package, municipal employees’ pension plan and competitive salary will be offered in accordance with qualifications, experience and using the SARM suggested Salary Schedule as a guideline.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume including qualifications, past and present work experience, three work related references and wage expectations by Wednesday, September 5, 2018. If you require more information please contact the municipal office. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes can be send by either email, fax, mail or in person to the following address.
RM of Elfros No. 307
Elfros SK S0A 0V0
ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of Nipawin No. 487
Date Posted: August 08, 2018
Job Location: Codette, SK
# of Positions: 1
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Apply by: August 24, 2018 at 4:00pm
The joint office of the Rural Municipality of Nipawin No. 487 and the Village of Codette is located in the Village of Codette and is currently seeking candidates for an Administrator.
The Administrator will be responsible to the Councils, and provide a range of managerial, administrative, coordination, liaison, supervision and technical services relating to the operation of the Municipality. The Administrator is responsible for directing the overall administration of the municipality in conformity with the objectives, policies, and plans established by Council and dictated by the various statutes.
Preference will be given to candidates with practice in Municipal Administration with an LGA “C” certification, “A” or Superior “A” certification, and well-developed management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational expertise. A strong commitment to customer service and public relations is essential.
A 2-year Public Admin. or Business Admin. degree from a college of technical institute acceptable to the board will be considered an asset. A degree in commerce, business or public admin from an accredited university would be considered an asset.
Income will be negotiable and will reflect the combination of qualifications and work experience. A competitive benefits package is available.
Resumes are to include practice, certificates held, expected income, start date availability, and current references.
If you’re new to the Nipawin area, we have access to a wide range of activities and services for you and your family. Nipawin is known for its great outdoor lifestyle; it’s surrounded by lakes, famous fishing locations, hiking trails, snowmobiling trails, ski hill, parks, and Regional Park. Nipawin has recently invested into a new outdoor swimming facility and skate park.
For more information about the required education for Municipal Administrators, please visit: http://www.umaas.ca/Office/Documents/Requirements%20to%20become%20an%20Urban%20Municipal%20Administrator%20in%20Saskatchewan.pdf
Additional information about becoming a Municipal Administrator can be found here: https://sarm.ca/+pub/File/Resources-Publications/RMAdmin%20Handbook%202013.pdf
How to apply:
Please submit application by mail, fax, or email
RM of Nipawin No. 487
Contact name: Joe Woodward
Phone 306 862 8668
PERMANENT FOREMAN - R.M. of King George No. 256
Date Posted: July 26, 2018
The R.M. of King George No. 256 is accepting applications for a Permanent Foreman.
Eligible applicants must possess the following:
- Three (3) years of road maintenance experience
- Knowledge of equipment operations and a mechanical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Capability of prioritizing numerous jobs within the municipality
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
Applications stating experience, wages expected, references, along with a current Driver's Abstract, can be mailed or faxed to the Municipal Office and must be received prior to 10:00 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2018.
A salary package, including a competitive benefit/pension plan, will be negotiated based on qualifications at the time of hire.
Please send resumes to:
R.M. of King George No. 256
Dinsmore, SK S0L 0T0
The R.M. of King George thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of Three Lakes No. 400
Date Posted: July 24, 2018
The Council of The Rural Municipality of Three Lakes No. 400 is accepting applications for the position of Rural Municipal Administrator to start October/November under the existing administrator to get familiar with the municipality and assume full administrative responsibility as early as January 1, 2019 depending on qualifications and experience.
Responsible for the overall operation of the municipality including general government, planning and development, transportation, capital asset management, financial budgeting and planning, assessments, building permits and all aspect of general administration.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the municipality including general government, planning and development, transportation, capital asset management, financial budgeting and planning, assessments, building permits and all aspect of general administration.
- Provide required information to council on pertinent legislation and policies.
- Facilitate council meetings, prepare and present materials, take minutes.
- Carry out council instructions.
- Provide professional service to municipal ratepayers.
- Respond to public enquiries related to services and operations of the municipality.
- Ensure all legislative requirements are met.
- Class C certificate in Local Government Authority Administration - may consider training the right individual who has newly or partially completed the program.
- Positive, respectful attitude to handle public enquiries, work with government agencies, etc.
- Desire to work with the public and good customer service ability.
- Team player capable of working together productively with the council and outside employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with R & M Computer Systems would be an asset.
- Financial, accounting or municipal administration experience would be an asset.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience using the S.A.R.M. recommended salary schedule as a guide.
- Full benefits package including short & long term disability, health & dental, matching pension plan.
Application deadline: Friday August 31
Submit Applications to:
R.M. of Three Laks No. 400
P.O. Box 100
Middle Lake, SK S0K 2X0
Fax: (306) 367-2011
Phone: (306) 367-2172