ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of Bjorkdale No. 426
Date Posted: November 09, 2018
The Rural Municipality of Bjorkdale No. 426 invites applications for an Assistant Administrator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support to the Administrator in all aspects of municipal administration
- Customer Service
- General Accounting
- Computer and Clerical Skills
- Other Administrative Tasks as Required
- Microsoft Office
- General / Municipal Accounting Skills
- Munisoft Experience - Asset but not required
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work well with the public
- Good Communication Skills
- Must be bondable
- Wages negotiable and dependent upon qualifications
- Position to commence as soon as possible
- Only those to be interviewed will be contacted directly
A requirement of this position is that within 6 months of hiring the successful applicant will be enrolled in the Local Government Administration Program through the University of Regina if they do not already possess their Class “C” Certificate.
This position is full time and offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward resume with references to the following address by 4:00 p.m. November 30th
RM of Bjorkdale No. 426
Bjorkdale, SK S0E 0E0
ADMINISTRATIVE FINANCIAL OFFICER - R.M. of McKillop No. 220
Date Posted: November 02, 2018
The position is available immediately, or as arranged with the successful candidate.
As Administrative Financial Officer, you will be responsible for all required duties set out in The Municipalities Act and all other provincial legislation relating to the position of Administrator plus all financial administration and financial management of the RM. Candidate must possess strong skills in public relations, policy writing, management of capital projects and human resources. Familiarity with the requirements of The Planning and Development Act, 2007 and knowledge relating to the administration of Organized Hamlets is also beneficial.
The RM of McKillop No. 220 consists of five full townships and four partial townships along with 945 subdivided residential lots found in 20 resort communities located along the east shore of Last Mountain Lake. The 20 resort communities are comprised of 9 Organized Hamlets and 11 Unorganized Hamlets. The RM owns and operates a sewage lagoon, several water distribution systems and community wells and is a member of the regional landfill. Further information may be found at www.rmofmckillop220.com
The successful candidate will possess, at minimum:
1. Rural Class “A” or Urban “Advanced Level 1” certificate of qualification;
2. Minimum of 15 years administrative experience in administration of rural and/or urban municipalities;
3. Extensive experience with all Munisoft modules, and Microsoft Office Suite software.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Monday, November 19, 2018. Please forward your resume, including details relating to education, experience and three (3) current professional references to:
Mail: RM of McKillop No. 220
Bulyea, Saskatchewan S0G 0L0
Compensation is negotiable and is reflective of the combination of qualifications, work experience and municipal responsibilities possessed by the successful applicant. A generous benefit package is available.
For further information, please contact Linda Helgeson (306) 725-4869 or Jane Laich (306) 725-3230.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SECRETARY/BOOKKEEPER - Prairie Sky Region
Date Posted: November 02, 2018
The Prairie Sky Regional Community Safety Officer Program invites applications from qualified persons for the part-time position of Secretary and Bookkeeper. Duties would commence January of 2019.
The position requires experience in accounting, municipal affairs, bylaws, legislation, and word/excel software. The successful candidate should possess good communication skills, work well in a team environment as well as independently and be well organized. Closing date for applications will be
4:00 p.m. on Monday, November 19, 2018.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Resumes, including three references and expected hourly salary should be submitted to:
subject: PSRCSOP – sec/bk position
OPERATING FOREMAN - R.M. of Caron No. 162
Date Posted: October 26, 2018
The R.M. of Caron No. 162 located just west of Moose Jaw is accepting applications for a Full-Time Operating Foreman. The position comes with a benefits package and municipal pension plan. Wages will be commensurate with experience and ability.
Key Duties and responsibilities;
- A working foreman with the ability to operate a grader, backhoe, mower and other types of equipment.
- Ability to supervise, schedule and prioritize work for outside staff and report to Council regularly on activities, staff and related issues.
- Ensure roads are maintained and repaired on a priority basis and oversee repair of machinery.
- Manage shop inventory, log work, and ensure safety procedures are followed and records maintained.
- Estimate and schedule custom work and provide appropriate information for billing.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with Council, staff, ratepayers and contractors.
- Computer and communication skills and the ability to contribute toward the planning and management of the RM’s infrastructure assets.
Must possess a valid class 3a driver’s license. Leadership, organizational, communication and computer skills required. Demonstrated mechanical and welding abilities. Previous experience as a foreman or with road construction and certification in Power Mobile Equipment, Pest Applicator, First Aid/CPR and WHMIS also considered assets.
All applications must be in writing, include three work related references, a current driver’s abstract, and submitted to the R.M. of Caron No. 162, #2 – 1410 Caribou St. West, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan S6H 7S9, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 30th, 2018.
For more information phone the R.M. office at 306-692-2293.