MUNICIPAL PLANNER - R.M. of Sherwood No. 159
Date Posted: April 10, 2019
The RM of Sherwood is currently seeking a full time Municipal Planner, who will report to the Manager of Planning and Development. The RM of Sherwood offers our employees competitive compensation and benefits packages including our 9% employer matching pension plan, earned days off, leadership development training and more. This is a unionized position.
- Receive, review, and analyze all applications for rezoning, subdivision, discretionary use, etc. in a timely manner to ensure compliance with the Zoning Bylaw and Official Community Plan; prepare detailed reports and recommendations for Council’s consideration, and obtain comments from government agencies when required. Handle internal departmental referrals for all applications.
- Review and collaborate with the Development Officer as required.
- Work directly with developers, surveyors, stakeholders and the general public.
- Prepare bylaw amendments, develop policies in compliance with applicable planning legislation, review annexation proposals, and prepare servicing agreements associated with subdivision applications.
- Provide input on all studies in relation to the Planning & Development department.
- Develop policy recommendations and assemble and interpret economic, transportation, demographic, land use and environmental data as they apply to planning projects within the RM.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with government agencies as required and attend and/or organize meetings as required with provincial and federal government agencies and committees, the City of Regina, and community and special interest groups as requested.
- Keep fully informed of current planning legislation, policies, bylaws and regulations and inform Council of changes and amendments thereto.
- Attend Council and ratepayer meetings as requested.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- An undergraduate degree (or Master’s degree) in planning and development preferably from a CIP accredited university, or closely related field,
- Membership or eligibility for membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners,
- 3+ years’ experience in the municipal planning field,
- Possess established knowledge of Saskatchewan legislation and law regarding planning and development,
- Ability to meet required objectives and guidelines,
- Knowledge of the planning principles and practices with direct experience in the local government sector,
- Ability to establish sound and effective working relationships with others,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex technical and non-technical issues to Council, residents and stakeholders.
Does this sound like you? If you are ready to join our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today! We look forward to hearing from you. This position closes April 26th, 2019.
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER - R.M of South Qu'Appelle No. 157
Date Posted: April 08, 2019
GRADER/MAINTENANCE OPERATOR- R.M. of Dundurn No. 314
Date Posted: April 08, 2019
Rural Municipality of Dundurn No. 314 is seeking applications for an employee to fill the position of seasonal Grader/Maintenance Operator.
The successful applicant must possess at least a class 5 valid driver’s license, have previous experience operating a grader and certification, a mechanical aptitude and experience with heavy equipment such as grader, tractors, etc. Road building experience would be an asset.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Road Grading/Maintenance
- Road Construction
- Spreading Gravel
- Ditch Shaping
- Snow Removal
- Minor Equipment Maintenance
- General shop duties
- Safety minded in all tasks
- Duties are directed by Foreman
Preference will be given to applicants who have grader operating experience and certification.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, qualification, any certificates, work experience, three references and wage expectations to the:
RM of Dundurn No. 314
Or Email: email@example.com
No later than 3:30 p.m. April 26, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ADMINISTRATOR- Resort Village of Turtle View
Date Posted: April 04, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FROM A MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATOR FOR THE PROPOSED RESORT VILLAGE OF TURTLE VIEW, SASKATCHEWAN
The Organized Hamlets of Indian Point Golden Sands and Turtle Lake Lodge on the East side of Turtle Lake, Saskatchewan, anticipate the Minister of Municipal Affairs will order the two Organized Hamlets be combined to form The Resort Village of Turtle View, a new municipality in Saskatchewan.
In view of this possibility, the two Hamlet Boards are requesting “Expressions of Interest” for the position of Administrator of the new Resort Village. We will review expressions of interest for the position from persons who:
- Have a standard or higher certification as required by the Urban Municipal Administrators Association of Saskatchewan (UMAAS).
- Have no or little experience with municipal administration, but are willing to train for the requisite hours of on-the-job training under a mentorship program, and to complete the LGA Program, offered through the University of Regina extensions, to obtain an Urban Standard Certificate.
Preference will be given to individuals who are proficient with MICROSOFT OFFICE suite of programs, experience in bookkeeping/accounting and MUNISOFT municipal software.
For general information, should the Minister of Municipal Affairs order the Resort Village established, we believe the Administrator’s (or trainee’s) position will commence in late summer or early fall, 2019.
The Resort Village office will be located in the current Organized Hamlet of Indian Point Golden Sands.
Interested persons are invited to submit their expressions of interest, in confidence, to the selection committee at:
Phone: 306-221-7252, attention Jim Glasrud.
Mail: The Selection Committee,
PO Box 2535, Meadow Lake, SK., S9X 1Z6.
SEASONAL GRADER OPERATOR - R.M. of Fish Creek No. 402
Date Posted: April 04, 2019
The RM of Fish Creek 402 is accepting applications for a full-time Seasonal Grader Operator
Duties will include but are not limited to operating a Grader within the RM of Fish Creek 402.
Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience operating Graders and any other equipment such as backhoe, loader, mower or gravel truck.
- Applicant must be willing to train in areas where required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Experience in maintaining equipment is also an asset.
The position will remain open until a suitable operator is found.
The RM of Fish Creek 402 offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
For further information please contact the RM of Fish Creek 402 Office at 306 233 4412
Submit Resume (with a current drivers abstract) to:
The RM of Fish Creek 402, Box 160, Wakaw, SK S0K 4P0
Or in person: 121 Main Street Wakaw, SK
GRAVEL TRUCK/LOADER OPERATOR - R.M. of Fish Creek No. 402
Date Posted: April 04, 2019
Applications for a Temporary Seasonal Class 1A Gravel Truck Driver/Loader Operator are being accepted for immediate employment. Applications will be received until the position is filled and must include references and a current driver abstract. The RM offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
For further information concerning this position please contact the R.M. Office at 306 233 4412.
Applications can be submitted to:
R.M. Fish Creek 402
Or in person: 121 Main Street, Wakaw, SK S0K 4P0
SEASONAL EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - R.M. of Montmartre No. 126
Date Posted: March 29, 2019
The Rural Municipality of Montmartre No. 126 is accepting applications for a full-time Seasonal Equipment Operator.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
Operating a tractor and mower, loader, backhoe, tandem gravel truck, semi-tractor and trailer and a motor grader. As well as other duties as requested and/or assigned by Council or the Foreman.
Qualifications and Expectations:
1. Experience operating equipment.
2. Must be willing to receive training and acquire certificates as needed.
3. Applicants with a Valid Class 1A driver's license will be given preference. Driver's abstract will be required.
4. Experience in maintaining and operating a grader an asset.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Wages are per the collective bargaining agreement with the Union of Operating Engineers, Local 870.
Submit resume with references to:
Rural Municipality of Montmartre No. 126
136 Central Avenue
Montmartre, SK S0G 3M0
ADMINISTRATOR/CAO - R.M. of Frenchman Butte No. 501
Date Posted: March 22, 2019
The RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501 invites you to apply for a rewarding career in a progressive Rural Municipality. We are ideally situated in north-west Saskatchewan, surrounded by rolling hills, almost every outdoor activity imaginable and close to two urban centres with great amenities. If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced employment opportunity with an excellent wage and benefits package let your aspirations become a reality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Administrator/CAO's key duties and responsibilities include:
- Municipal accounting, strong fiscal management, working with a large budget and significant grant applications;
- Solid understanding of all applicable legislation; processing of bylaws, policies and procedures; conducting elections, records retention, LAFOIPP, etc.
- Municipal taxation and maintenance of assessment records;
- Preparation for all Council meetings, including agendas, reports, correspondence and minutes;
- Attendance at all Council meetings;
- Overseeing capital projects, tenders and contracts;
- Maintaining positive public relations and supervising multiple staff;
- Leading a great team through progressive change while ensuring all municipal functions are carried out in a confidential, efficient, accurate and collaborative manner, in accordance with municipal legislation, policies and procedures.
- This position requires a minimum Rural Class “C” Certificate with preference given to applicants with a Rural Class “A” Certificate who are willing to mentor.
- In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates with 3-5 years local government experience, an accounting certificate/designation and/or a university degree in a related field.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel and general computer applications is essential and knowledge of MuniSoft considered an asset.
If you are seeking a municipal Administrator/CAO position and an exciting career change, please submit your cover letter, resume (outlining related experience and qualifications), salary expected and three supervisory references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail marked confidential to the R.M. of Frenchman Butte No. 501 Attn: Bonnie Mills Midgley, Reeve at Box 180, Paradise Hill, SK S0M 2G0
This competition will remain open until a candidate is selected so please apply ASAP!
For further information do not hesitate to email email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working for the RM of Frenchman Butte No. 501.