R.M. of Blaine Lake No. 434 - Administrator
Date Posted: July 24, 2017
The Rural Municipality of Blaine Lake No. 434 is accepting applications for a qualified, full-time Administrator with a start date as soon as possible.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Rural Class "C" Certificate or higher Certificate in Local Government Administration, but other combinations of qualifications may be considered.
- Experience with MuniSoft, computer software, and Excel.
- Strong communication, management, organizational, and personal skills.
- Experience with budgeting, financial operations, assessment, taxation, legislative interpretation are a definite asset.
- Candidate should possess positive public relations.
- Under the authority and direction of council, the administrator is responsible for the effective implementation and execution of all council policies, bylaws, provincial and federal legislation.
Interested candidates please submit a detailed resume including qualifications, past and present work experience, three (3) work related references, and wage expectations by 4:00 p.m. on August 18th, 2017 to:
R.M. of Blaine Lake No. 434
Blaine Lake, SK S0J 0J0
Village of Marsden - Chief Administrative Officer
Date Posted: July 21, 2017
The Village of Marsden is accepting applications for a Chief Administrative Officer. The CAO will be responsible for budgeting, financial operations, assessment, taxation, interpreting legislation, advising Council, and the day to day operations of the Village. The CAO is under the authority and direction of Council and will be responsible for the implementation of council policies, bylaws, and legislation.
Applicant should possess the Local Government Authority Certificate or equivalent, the Urban Standard C Certificate or equivalent, and a minimum of two years’ municipal experience.
Qualified individuals are asked to submit a detailed resume including qualifications, experience, and 3 work related references to:
VILLAGE OF MARSDEN BOX 99
MARSDEN, SK S0M 1P0
OR FAX TO: (306) 826-5512
OR EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUOTE “VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR” IN SUBJECT LINE
ALL APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED IN CONFIDENCE. THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE MAY BE CONTACTED FOR MORE INFORMATION. THE COUNCIL THANKS ALL THAT APPLY BUT ADVISE THAT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
APPLICATION DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
Town of St. Walburg - Public Works Department
Date Posted: July 18, 2017
The Town of St. Walburg has a position available immediately in the Public Works Department. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the daily operations for the Town in consultation with the Public Works Committee and the Chief Administrative Officer. This position is perfect for an individual who is looking for a family-work balance situation and enjoys small town living.
Benefits of the Community:
The Town of St. Walburg has a progressive attitude and friendly, welcoming atmosphere. St. Walburg with a population of approximately 690 people is a vibrant, growing community located in one of the most beautiful areas in the province.
- Rich agricultural land, cattle/grain, mixed forest, oil and gas, closely located to lakes, fishing, hunting, golfing and other outdoor activities with urban access within 60 minutes.
- Complete recreation board offering facilities such as arena, bowling and curling;
- Services to our community, including but not limited to water, sewer and garbage removal;
- K-12 school, health clinics, seniors care and facilities, programing for students of all ages including after school and summer programs providing homework assistance and a healthy snack program;
- Numerous commercial businesses and new residential developments that are continuously moving forward;
- Additional employment opportunities for spouses with homes available for purchase or rent.
- Excellent salary range that is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience with an annual wage review, please submit your wage request with your resume;
- Full Time Permanent position; 40 hours per week, generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.;
- Full Benefit and Pension Packages.
Positions Duties (including but not limited to):
- Follow all safety and OHS standards;
- Assist the Utilities Supervisor as required;
- Oversee seasonal staff and general labour contractors as required;
- Maintains streets, paved roads, filling potholes, sidewalks, spread sand or salt on sidewalks for snow or ice control, etc.
- Patrols graveled roads;
- Maintains public works building, parts and supplies;
- Ensures that ditches and culverts are opened and draining
- Maintains and services all municipal machinery and buildings owned by the Town;
- Plows snow from all streets and access alleys;
- Maintains and repairs all street signs;
- Maintain green spaces, tree pruning and removal if necessary;
- Coordinate and follow through with Public Works capital projects; and
- Collaborate with all stakeholders involved with direct reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Qualifications and Attributes required:
- Possess self-motivation, excellent work ethic, and honesty to work with Council, staff, ratepayers, developers, and contractors;
- Positive cooperative attitude;
- Strong communicator with excellent public relation skills who takes pride in their work and the community;
- Working knowledge of the operation of a variety of different pieces of equipment (Grader, loader, mowers, etc.);
- Mechanically inclined with experience in construction, Public Works equipment operations and maintenance being an asset;
- Can operate in a fast-paced environment that requires a multiple skill set;
- Minimum Class 3 with air is required; however, Class 1A preferred;
- Minimum Class I Water Treatment and Distribution as well as Level I Waste Water Distribution would be considered an asset but not required with the ability to obtain proper certification within one year of hire;
- Gas Chlorination Ticket is an asset but not required;
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent;
- Clean Driver’s Abstract;
- Criminal Record Check;
- Confined Space Entry and Rescue, First Aid/CPR, WHMIS are required.
- Successful individual would relocate to our community, to provide the level of service required for a community of our size.
Apply to: Candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter with an up-to-date resume, current drivers abstract including SGI medical, criminal record check and three references to email@example.com.
Closing date will be until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all interested candidates for their time and efforts; however only candidates we wish to interview will be contacted.
Town of St. Walburg
PO Box 368 | St. Walburg, SK S0M 2T0 | Fax: (306) 248-3484
R.M. of Shellbrook No. 493 - Administrator Position
Date Posted: July 17, 2017
The Rural Municipality of Shellbrook No. 493 is accepting applications for a qualified, full time Administrator with a start date as soon as possible.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Rural Class “C” Certificate or higher Certificate in Local Government Administration, but other combinations of qualifications may be considered.
- Experience with Munisoft computer software, Paymate and Excel.
- Strong communication, management, organizational, and personable skills.
Interested candidates please submit a detailed resume including qualifications, past and present work experience, three (3) work related references, and wage expectations to:
R.M. of Shellbrook No. 493 firstname.lastname@example.org
Box 250, Shellbrook Sk S0J 2E0 Fax 1-306-747-4315
Competition will remain open until the position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information contact the R.M. office at 71 Main Street, Shellbrook, or call 306-747-2178.
Town of La Ronge - Chief Administrator Officer
Date Posted: July 14, 2017
The Town of La Ronge is currently accepting applications for the position of: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
La Ronge is a scenic lake side community offering a full range of services and amenities located in the heart of Northern Saskatchewan. This community offers progressive growth amidst the natural beauty of the area’s surrounding Lac La Ronge Provincial Park.
La Ronge has a population of approximately 2,700, with an annual budget of $8 million and a staff of 30. The Town serves over 6,500 people through regional partnerships with surrounding communities.
The successful candidate must have significant municipal management skills obtained through formal education such as the accredited Local Government Administration Program and have a Standard Certificate in Local Government Administration from the Urban Board of Examiners. Preference may be given to those with a minimum of 5 years experience in Municipal administration, or an acceptable combination of education and experience. Salary ranges from $73,044 to $115,134, based on experience.
The successful candidate must submit to a criminal record check. Applicants should submit a detailed resume including references and salary expected to the following on or before Monday, July 31, 2017 at 4:00pm.
The Office of the Mayor
Town of La Ronge
La Ronge, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 425-3883
Town of La Ronge - Deputy Chief Administrative Officer
Date Posted: July 14, 2017
The Town of La Ronge is currently accepting applications for the position of: Deputy Chief Administrative Officer (Deputy CAO)
The successful candidate will report to and be under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and will perform supervisory management work and assist with the statutory powers of the CAO duties and administrative functions as required by Provincial legislation and regulation. The position is also responsible for the planning, direction and supervision of all human resource services. This individual is an effective communicator and is familiar with Town Bylaws and Provincial legislation relating to municipal administration in Saskatchewan.
Proven ability in the areas of office administration, time management, harmonious working relationships with customers and staff, and ability to maintain confidentiality is required. Ability to implement solutions to complex issues and operational problems is a necessity. The incumbent shall have excellent managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills. Availability to work outside normal hours is required.
Individuals with specific knowledge in matters beneficial to a municipal operation (Community Planning, Engineering, etc) are encouraged to outline that expertise in their cover letter.
The ideal candidate will have sufficient municipal management skills obtained through formal education such as the accredited Local Government Authority certificate program and a University Degree in Public Administration, Human Resources or another related field. A willingness to learn and obtain a Standard Certificate from the Urban Board of Examiners is necessary. Salary ranges from $72,385 to $103,621, based on experience.
The successful candidate must submit to a criminal record check. Applicants should submit a detailed resume including references and salary expected to the following on or before Monday, July 31, 2017 at 4:00pm:
Town of La Ronge
Attn: Mayor Ron Woytowich
La Ronge, Saskatchewan S0J 1L0
Fax (306) 425-3883
R.M. of Walpole No. 92 - Intern Administrator
Date Posted: July 13, 2017
The R.M. of Walpole office is located in the Town of Wawota. As an intern, you must be interested in a career in municipal administration, prefer to work in an office and enjoy meeting people. The candidate must be willing to make application to the Municipal Administrator Internship Program (MAIP), complete the Local Government Authority (LGA) Program through the University of Regina Credit Studies Division and work at our office at least 1500 hours within the next two and a half (2½) year period. The LGA Program and 1500 hours of work experience would meet the certification requirements of the Rural Board of Examiners to become a Municipal Administrator.
A Municipal Administrator enjoys dealing with people, wants to make a significant impact in their community, and is of the highest integrity and professionalism. Duties of an Administrator are varied and interesting and as an intern you will work under the authority of provincial legislation and direction of the Municipal Administrator and Council. Some work areas include managing municipal operations and services, elections, revenues and expenditures of the municipality, bylaws, planning and development, interpreting and applying legislation, maintaining good communications and public relations, assessment and taxation, financial records and budgeting.
Resumes must be received by the municipal office at the address below no later than September 30th, 2017.
R. M. of Walpole No. 92
P.O. Box 117
Wawota, SK. S0G 5A0
Fax: (306) 739-2777
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, contact the Municipal Office at (306) 739-2545, or Reeve Hugh Smyth at (306) 577-7471
Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) - Agricultural/Heavy Duty Equipment Technician - Farm Machinery Specialist
Date Posted: July 12, 2017
Do you know all the ins and outs that make up complex agricultural machinery and equipment? Are you an expert in evaluating the scope of damage and providing your perspective on the necessary steps that can return this machinery back to the farmer who is anxiously waiting to get back out in the field?
If this sounds like you, we’re looking for an experienced Agricultural Equipment Technician or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician to join our team as a permanent, full-time Technical Advisor – Farm Machinery Specialist in Regina. We are looking to you to be our in-house technical expert on all things related to the repair and maintenance of farm machinery, providing input that will assist our team of adjusters to quantify damage and repair costs in order to resolve complex claims for our valued farm customers. We’ll need you to be ready to travel to loss sites, repair vendors and our claims centers to perform inspections, prepare and review loss estimates, and provide your expert consultation to help resolve the claim as quickly as possible for our customers.
With your enthusiasm for the farming industry and the opportunity to add value to the customer experience, you are ready to take this next step in your career and be the voice for farm machinery repairs that we can rely on.
We’re counting on you to bring a unique combination of knowledge & skills to this role. We are looking for candidates who bring a valid journeyperson certificate in heavy duty equipment technician or agricultural equipment technician, as well as a minimum of eight years’ practical experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy duty equipment with a focus on agricultural equipment. A valid driver’s licence for travel within the province is also required.
Because when you start here, you want to stay here. SGI has made the cut as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for ten straight years for a lot of good reasons! We offer a wide range of benefits and invest in career development for our employees. We embrace diversity, recognizing and celebrating our differences and our similarities. With careers, as diverse as our employees, join our caring culture of employee empowerment within a great community of people.
Ready to Apply?
If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for, tell us why you’re the right fit for this role. Learn more about this job and how to green light your career at SGI by visiting www.sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Applications are to be submitted to:
by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 30, 2017
R.M. of Elmsthorpe No. 100 - Grader Operator
Date Posted: July 10, 2017
The R.M. of Elmsthorpe requires the servies of a grader operator. Duties to commence ASAP. Salary will be based on experience. Must have knowledge of grader operating and service. Working knowledge of grader operating and service. Working knowledge on road building and maintenance.
Resumes will be received by the undersigned:
Jamie Paranuik, Administrator
R.M. of Elmsthorpe No. 100
P.O. Box 240
Avonlea, Saskatchewan S0H 0C0
Phone: (306) 868-2221 Fax: (306) 868-2040
Northern Quinoa Production Corporation (NorQuin) - Vice President, Farm Services
Date Posted: July 06, 2017
On behalf of our client, NorQuin (Northern Quinoa Production Corporation), we are searching for a Vice President, Farm Services, based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
NorQuin’s mission is to make quinoa a staple crop. The company is taking the quinoa market by storm through vertically-integrated, Canadian supply chain: industry-leading breeding research, contract farming across the prairies, processing with premier technology, and distribution in some of the largest retail and wholesale channels. Founded by David Friedberg (founder of The Climate Corporation), this innovative and successful company is backed by one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
This is truly an exceptional leadership opportunity which reports directly to the CEO. This position requires you to be results focused while inspiring both a team and growers to reach their goals through sound practice, education and mutually beneficial relationships. As the Vice President, Farm Services, you are responsible for:
- Achieving the company's contracted acreage targets
- Leading a dedicated team of Farm Service Representatives
- Successfully marketing the benefits of growing quinoa to growers in Western Canada
- Maintaining excellent grower relationships to retain top growers from year to year
- Ensuring growers are maximizing per-acre yields though education and best practices
- Supporting the implementation of the company's digital data collection and compliance strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy or related field of study
- Ten or more years of relevant experience including scaling new crop varieties
- Experience to immediately be a credible Senior Manager
- Profit and Loss management experience and / or setting and achieving ambitious performance targets
- Expertise in agronomy and ability to communicate the knowledge growers need to cultivate quinoa successfully
- Up-to-date understanding of the business landscape and regulatory requirements facing growers
- Ability to travel as necessary to grower sites throughout Western Canada
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people from the boardroom to the farm
- Proven strategic planning skills with the ability to articulate a vision and oversee its execution
- Demonstrated analytical skills to lead data-driven decision making
- A high energy individual who will not stop until you succeed
- A keen ability to build and foster mutually beneficial grower relationships and retain top growers
- A demonstrated ability to exemplify company values, display a strong work ethic and sense of humour appropriate for a fast-paced, growth company
- An ability to be a leader, team member and an individual contributor to achieve company objectives
If are interested in a challenging and dynamic opportunity and have the right skills and qualifications consider forwarding your resume to email@example.com, or call 306.664.8269.
About the Community
Situated on the beautiful banks of the South Saskatchewan River, Saskatoon is centrally located within the province of Saskatchewan. With its healthy economy and booming job market, Saskatoon is a city of infinite possibilities. With lots of sunshine, excellent schools and health care, recreational activities such as year-round festivals, live theatre and a vibrant music scene, it’s a city with something for everyone. Optimism pervades and opportunity awaits you in this vibrant, growing city. (www.livingsaskatoon.com).
R.M. of Estevan No. 5 - Administrator
Date Posted: June 16, 2017
The Rural Municipality of Estevan No. 5 invites applications for the position of ADMINISTRATOR.
The Rural Municipality of Estevan No.5 is an actively growing and progressive Municipality in southeast Saskatchewan which surrounds the City of Estevan.
The RM has a population of 1,370 residents. Our economy is fed by SaskPower’s Shand and Boundary Dam Power Stations and the associated coal mine; as well as petroleum and agriculture industries. The Rafferty and Boundary Dam Reservoirs provide excellent recreational opportunities. The RM is diverse with a wide range of agricultural, country residential, hamlet, recreational, commercial, light and heavy industrial developments.
Reporting directly to Council the Administrator works cooperatively with Council to lead a dynamic team of employees including the Manager of Engineering Services, Manager of Public Works, Assistant Administrator, A/R Clerk and A/P Clerk.
The Rural Municipality of Estevan No.5 offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications.
Additional information is available at www.rmestevan.ca
We are seeking an experienced Applicant with a minimum Rural Class “A” certificate of qualification or equivalent experience and qualifications.
Interested Applicants are invited to forward a detailed resume including qualifications, experience, references and wage expectations marked “Administrator” by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 8, 2017 to:
Rural Municipality of Estevan No. 5
#1 322-4th Street
Estevan, SK S4A 0T8
Phone (306) 634-2222 Fax (306) 634-2223
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Thank you to all that apply.