ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of Pleasant Valley No. 288 & R.M. of Marriott No. 317
Date Posted: August 06, 2020
The Rural Municipality of Pleasant Valley No. 288 and Marriott No. 317 invite applications for the position of a qualified Administrator. With the office located within the community of Rosetown, this is a joint office position providing administrator services for both Rural Municipalities. Both RM’s are made up of nine townships, where agriculture is the primary industry.
Being supported by a full-time Assistant and working closely with the Reeve and Council, you will be responsible for managing the constantly changing day-to day affairs of two progressive municipalities.
Administrator applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Certificate in Local Government Administration or equivalent
- Rural Class “C” certificate or higher
- Experience with MuniSoft software including the Tax Roll, General Ledger, Hail, Accounts Payable and Pub Works programs
- Strong communication, management, organizational, and inter-personal skills
- Knowledge with Assessment, Taxation, and budget preparation
- Experience with financial planning and asset management
The Rural Municipality offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to extended health and dental benefits, short-term and long-term disability, and a matched pension plan.
Interested Candidates are invited to submit a Cover Letter and Resume outlining qualifications, previous work experience, expected salary and three work related references by:
4:00pm Friday August 28th, 2020
All applications will be treated with confidentiality. Council wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RM of Marriott No. 317
Box 366 Rosetown, SK. S0L 2V0
Ph: 306-882-4030 Fax: 306-882-4401
PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN - R.M. of FRENCHMAN BUTTE No. 501
Date Posted: July 27, 2020
The Public Works Foreman will be required to effectively supervise and work with a team of Public Works Employees to ensure the roads within the rural municipality are properly maintained and that municipal services are provided in an efficient and effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staff supervision and scheduling.
- Daily and weekly work plans.
- Vehicle and equipment servicing & maintenance.
- Recording and reporting information.
- Identify and record gravel needs, mulching needs, missing or damaged signs, damaged culvert ends, rocks, fallen trees or garbage in ditches, etc.
- Meeting attendance.
- Familiar with and abide by the rules laid out in the Rural Municipality of Frenchman Butte No. 501 Safety Manual and in the Rural Municipality of Frenchman Butte No. 501 Employee Handbook.
- Shift will consist of 5 days on and two days off, with shifts beginning on Monday and ending on Friday. Standard work hours will be from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during summer hours, and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. during the winters, with a half hour unpaid lunch break.
- Possess a valid Class 1A driver’s license and a clear driver’s abstract with a good driving record.
- Basic understanding of map reading; knowledge of legal land descriptions, how to locate a specific spot on a map, and how to get to that location.
- Basic working knowledge of road building and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to use a radio and carry and effectively use cell phone at all times.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation and service.
Types of equipment that may be required to be operated:
- Tractor Trailer
- Plow Truck
Must possess or be willing to obtain the following tickets:
- Fire Extinguisher Usage
- First Aid
- Ground Disturbance
- Power Mobile Equipment Trainer
- Capable of working without supervision.
- Must have good organizational and supervising skills.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Good mechanical skills and the ability to identify mechanical problems.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Pleasant and respectful attitude toward others.
Please submit application in email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked confidential. Submission to include cover letter, resume and three references.
We thank all applicants for their interest, though only those selected for interview will be contacted.
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - R.M. of KING GEORGE No. 256
Date Posted: July 22, 2020
The R.M. of King George No.256 invites applicants to apply for the position of a full-time, Equipment Operator (Grader Operator). Duties are to commence immediately.
Primary duties will include:
- repair and maintenance of roads
- ensuring vehicle and equipment are operated in a safe manner
- manual labour as required (sign installation, culvert installation and repair, etc.);
- other duties as prescribed including road construction;
- experience operating a Terex Scraper considered an asset.
- possess a valid driver’s license; clean driving abstract;
- be able to lift up to 45kg/100 lbs.;
- have good interpersonal skills;
- be willing to be supervised and take direction from Supervisor/Manager;
- be self-motivated;
- have good communication and documentation skills.
Experience is an asset in maintenance and operation of heavy equipment.
Powered Mobile Equipment (PME) certificate considered an asset.
Rate of pay will correspond with experience.
The R.M. of King George No. 256 participates in the SARM disability and health programs, and in the Municipal Employees Pension Plan (MEPP).
Please submit a resume, proof of a valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract by 4:00 p.m., August 10, 2020 to:
R.M. of King George No. 256
100 Main Street., Box 100, Dinsmore, SK, S0L 0T0
Fax: (306) 846-2999
The R.M. of King George No. 256 thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MOWER OPERATOR POSITION - R.M. of Mount Hope No. 279
Date Posted: July 22, 2020
We are currently accepting resumes from candidates interested in being a part of a team serving the residents and ratepayers of our municipality. Most of our positions are seasonal, spring through fall. We offer three operational classifications covering our trucks, tractors, patrols, excavators, and other equipment.
We currently require a Full Time Seasonal Mower Operator who will also be used in a utility position. The base 2020 hourly salary range, pending classification, is between $25.04 - $27.38 plus 10% for Statutory Holidays and Vacation Pay on each cheque. We offer an employer paid health and dental plan in addition to disability coverage. The normal work week is 55 hours, subject to weather, Monday through Friday starting as soon as possible and extending through October/November.
If you are a team player, experienced or willing to be trained and certified on equipment and strongly believe in a safe working practice, you may very well be a candidate for a position with us.
A complete job description can be made available by contacting the Administration Office.
Resumes will be received and held on file at the R.M. of Mount Hope No. 279, Box 190, Semans, SK S0A 3S0. We will also accept resumes by email at email@example.com. Application will close when successful candidate is chosen.
The municipality wishes to thank all who applied, however, only those individuals with interviews will be contacted.
JOINT MUNICIPAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of LOON LAKE No. 561 & Village of Loon Lake
Date Posted: July 08, 2020
The Rural Municipality of Loon Lake No. 561 and the Village of Loon Lake is seeking a qualified Administrator for the joint municipal offices of Loon Lake.
Reporting to Council, the Administrator is responsible for providing effective administrative leadership for the both municipalities, complete all legislative duties and supervision of 2 additional office employees. The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Minimum Rural Class “C” Certificate in Local Government Administration
- and/or Urban Standard Certificate
- Experience working in a rural municipal office and/or urban office
- Proficiency working with Munisoft software.
This full-time position offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé, including qualifications, related work experience, three work related references and salary expectations to:
Applications will be accepted until a suitable applicant is found.
The RM wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume to:
RM of Loon Lake No. 561
Loon Lake, SK S0M 1L0