CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER - R.M. of WHITE VALLEY No. 49 & Town of Eastend
Date Posted: June 02, 2020
These Municipalities are located in the picturesque Cypress Hills. The area has a strong agricultural and tourism base with an active oil and gas industry.
The Town of Eastend offers a full range of services including K-12 school, Health Centre, T-rex Discovery Centre, recreational facilities, including a swimming pool and waterslide, skating and curling rink and a 9-hole grass green golf course. It is in close proximity to Pine Cree Regional Park and Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park.
This Joint Municipal Office offers an exciting and rewarding full-time executive position available for a highly motivated individual to assume the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), due to a retirement on December 31, 2020.
Reporting to the Councils, the CAO is responsible for providing effective administrative leadership for the Rural Municipality and the Town and will possess the following:
- A minimum Class ‘A’ Certificate of Qualification in Local Government Administration;
- Proficiency with and understanding of information technology including MuniSoft and Microsoft Word & Excel;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
This Joint Municipal position offers a Benefit package and a competitive salary based on
qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume with a cover letter stating salary expectations and references by mail, fax or email to:
R.M. of White Valley No. 49 and Town of Eastend
Eastend, SK S0N 0T0
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of Chaplin No. 164
Date Posted: June 01, 2020
The Rural Municipality of Chaplin No.164 invites applications for a qualified Administrator to cover a one-year maternity leave position from August 2020 to August 2021. The R.M. office is located in the Village of Chaplin, in the middle of the municipality, which is located along Highway #1 halfway between the City of Swift Current and the City of Moose Jaw.
With the direction of Council, their policies and the provincial legislation, the Administrator is responsible for the effective implementation of operations in the municipality.
Preference will be given to the applicants who have the following qualifications:
- Rural Class “C” (or higher) Certificate in Local Government Administration
- Experience with Munisoft Windows software and Microsoft Office software
- Strong communication, public relations, management and organizational skills
A competitive salary and benefits plan will be offered in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates please submit a detailed resume including qualifications, experience, references and salary expectations by 3:00 p.m., Thursday, June 18, 2020 to:
R.M. of Chaplin No.164
P.O. Box 60
Chaplin, Sk S0H 0V0
Council thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MANAGER OF EVENTS - Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities
Date Posted: May 27, 2020
Are you passionate about advancing rural Saskatchewan and interested in planning events?
SARM is looking for a competent Manager of Events to organize its marquis Annual Convention and other events for its members and Board of Directors that will make an impact to our target audience. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field; demonstrated relatable experience would be considered
How to Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Kelsay Reimer at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMINISTRATOR - R.M. of LeRoy No. 339
Date Posted: May 15, 2020
The RM of LeRoy No. 339 has an exciting and rewarding full-time executive position available for a highly motivated, dynamic individual with rural municipal administrator experience and leadership in rural municipal operations to join the administrative team, due to a pending retirement.
Located in east central Saskatchewan, the RM of LeRoy is in a region with richness in agriculture, potash and manufacturing, contributing to a strong economy for the region and the province. This welcoming and affordable community offers essential services as well as a high quality of life and abundant recreational opportunities with a Regional Park, golf course, skating rink and much more. The municipality is home to the developing BHP Jansen potash project, has a staff of seven year-round employees and additional employees during the summer months. The Administration Building is a joint office in the Town of LeRoy. The municipality has an impressive line of equipment and maintenance staffing experience and along with contract construction, provides municipal road and bridge infrastructure maintenance and construction. See also www.rmleroy.ca.
As an employee of the RM, the successful individual will demonstrate:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide advice and direction to Council, staff and the general public. Strong skills in networking and relationship building.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders and be able to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret and administer a variety of regulations, Acts, contractual agreements, policies and guidelines pertaining to municipal services, land use planning and building standards.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Develop, present, implement, monitor and evaluate annual capital and operating budgets.
- Understanding and capacity for completion of financial statements as part of the monthly and annual reporting requirements.
- HR leadership and motivation to deliver quality service to the municipality.
- Tact and discretion in handling manners of confidential or sensitive nature and to maintain confidentiality.
- Initiative to advance proposals for administrative change and efficiencies.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education with Rural A Certification and 3 years’ experience in a developing rural municipality.
- Experience with MuniSoft, Microsoft Word and Excel.
The RM of LeRoy offers a competitive salary and benefit package based on qualifications and experience. The position is expected to commence December 1, 2020 with an appropriate period for information exchange with retiring administrator prior to start date.
Interested candidates are invited to submit resumes with a cover letter and three references before July 1, 2020, including an indication of anticipated wage to: Wendy Gowda, Administrator, email@example.com or by mail to RM of LeRoy No. 339, Box 100, LeRoy, SK. S0K 2P0. For additional information, please contact Wendy Gowda, Administrator, 306 -286-3261.
All candidates are thanked for their interest in the position, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
FOREMAN/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - R.M. of Argyle No. 1
Date Posted: May 13, 2020
The Rural Municipality of Argyle No.1 is currently accepting applications from self-motivated individuals for the permanent, full time position of FOREMAN/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
The Foreman will be responsible for public works operations and organizing and assigning daily duties to other outside employees.
Applicants should have experience operating heavy equipment, constructing, maintaining and repairing roads. Duties include but are not limited to: managing outside employees, grading, mowing, rock picking, spraying, fencing, equipment maintenance and repairs, installing culverts and signs, and shop maintenance. Must have good communication skills and the ability to work independently under the direction of Council.
Applicants must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license, a Class 3 or 1A license, would be considered an asset.
The RM offers a competitive salary in accordance with qualifications and experience in addition to a benefit plan.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume with references by 4:30 pm Friday, June 5, 2020 to:
RM of Argyle No.1
Gainsborough, SK S0C 0Z0