Division 6 Director
Division 6 Director Darwin Whitfield
Darwin grew up on the family farm that was established in 1908. Darwin married Michele in 1982 and they became four generational grain and cattle farmers. Darwin and Michele were blessed with a daughter and son and now four grandchildren who they follow around to hockey and dance. Darwin has always been involved in hockey where he has spent many hours coaching and refereeing over the years and still can find him on the ice. Darwin’s commitment to his family and community has always been strong.
Darwin has served on many boards and organizations in the area such as: Kinsmen Club of Coleville, Coleville Recreation, Regional Medical Arts Clinic, Western Regional Landfill, Regional and West Central Economics Development, Kindersley Regional Airport, and Kindersley Health and Wellness Foundation.
Darwin is currently the Reeve of the RM of Oakdale he has service in this position for 11 yrs, has been on council for 23 yrs. He was elected Director of Division 6 at the SARM Annual Convention 2019.
There have been many changes that the RMs have had to contend with. It is Darwin's goal to unite municipalities to enhance their working relationships and strengthen each other on our own terms.
Darwin represents SARM on the following committees:
- Area Transportation Committee Chairs Committee
- Canada Grains Council (alternate)
- Lt. Governor's Award Committee
- Medical Admisstions
- Municipal Roads for the Economy (alternate)
- New Horizons for Seniors
- Rural Road Classification
- SAMA Rural Advisory Committee (alternate)
- SARM Infrastructure and Development Committee
- SARM Convetion Committee
- Saskatchewan Association for Resource Recovery (SARRC) (alternate)
- SODCAP (alternate)
- West Central TRansportation Planning Committee (WCTPC)