Division 4 Director
Division 4 Director Harvey Malanowich
Harvey is currently the Reeve for the RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 and was elected as Director of Division 4 at the 2006 SARM Annual Convention.
Harvey Malanowich grew up in the Donwell district, southeast of Canora, Saskatchewan. He completed his grade 12 education at Canora Composite High School and went on to complete three years of post-secondary education at the University of Regina. Harvey and his wife, Stella, operate a grain and hay farm and have raised three children; Candace, Chad and Clayton.
In 1985, Harvey was elected to the Canora School Board and served 12 years, two years as Chair. In 1997, Harvey was elected Reeve for the RM of Sliding Hills No. 273 and still serves in that capacity. He also served six years as Saskatchewan Wheat Pool Delegate Representative for the Canora area. Harvey has been involved with numerous other boards including the Canora Credit Union, Canora Rural Utility Board and District 18 ADD Board.
At the 2006 Annual Convention, Harvey was elected SARM Director of Division 4, representing the northeast region of Saskatchewan, consisting of 43 rural municipalities. Harvey believes agriculture is in a state of crisis with the loss of farm families, rural communities, services in rural areas, farm income, and that SARM must continue to enhance its role in agriculture.
Harvey represents SARM on the following committees:
- Lt. Governor's Award Committee
- Municipal Employees Pension Plan
- Municipal Roads for the Economy Program (MREP)
- North East Transportation Planning Committee
- Occupational Health and Safety Agriculture Division - Farm Health and Safety Council
- Rural Road Classification Committee
- SARM Infrastructure and Development Committee
- SARM Municipal Governance Committee