The finalists have been announced for the fourth annual Saskatchewan Municipal Awards Program.
A total of 24 nominations were received for the 2010 awards and were judged by an independent selection committee consisting of; Senator Pamela Wallin; Bob Linner, former City Manager for the City of Regina and City of Prince Albert; Murray Mandryk, political columnist, Regina Leader Post; Holly Hetherington, Senior Partner, Executive Source; Jim Angus, Administrator, RM of Harris No. 146.
“The Saskatchewan Municipal Awards represent and recognize the leadership commitment of local governments to innovation, community and regional partnerships in addition to continuous improvement to provide quality service in and for their communities as they grow and prosper with the province,” Linner said.
The 2010 Finalists are:
Municipal Service Excellence
– City of Regina – Service Regina
Economic Development Leadership
– RM of Hart Butte No. 11, RM of Poplar Valley No. 12, RM of Willow Bunch No. 42, RM of Old Post No. 43, RM of Stonehenge No. 73, Town of Coronach and Town of Rockglen – Fife Lake Rail Project
– City of Melfort – Stonegate Commercial Development
Regional Leadership and Partnerships
– City of North Battleford – North Battleford Assessment and Stabilization Facility
– REACT Waste Management District (47 members) – REACT Waste Management System
Community Development Leadership
– City of Yorkton – Yorkton Alliance of Asset Champions
– City of Saskatoon – Immigration Initiative
– RM of Canwood No. 494 – Specific Risk Materials Disposal Project
– RM of Corman Park No. 344 – Residential Septic Utilities
Heritage Conservation Leadership
– Town of Kerrobert – Municipal Office
– Town of Ogema – Saving Our Past for the Future
The Awards luncheon will be held May 14th at the Ramada Hotel in Regina. Tickets are $20.00 and are available by calling 306-525-4386.