SARM Fuel Supply Program
The Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) Fuel and Lubricant Program (formerly PFA Canada) is an innovative National program specializing in the distribution of fuel and lubricants. Through strategic supplier partnerships, RMA Fuel offers a simple alternative to managing fuel and lubricant purchases. RMA Fuel ensures that its member municipalities are purchasing fuel at a fair cost.
SARM Member Benefits
- Cheaper Fuel – PFA provides cheaper fuel by grouping individual members’ purchases.
- Access to lubricants from Imperial Oil (Esso) and local Esso remarketers, Petro Canada Lubricants, and UFA.
- Access to Bulk, Cardlock, and Fleet Fuel.
- Essential Service Status – If there happens to be a fuel shortage, PFA members will be given first priority over all other customers.
- Elimination of Administrative Hassle – Members receive fuel and lubricant purchase management as well as card management.
- 24-hour access to price changes, notice of upcoming price changes and volume reports through www.pfacanada.com.
- NWPTA Compliant - PFA goes to public tender every three to five years to remain compliant with New West Partnership Trade Agreement.
- Bulk and Lubricant purchases are made by ordering directly from the supplier.
- Cardlock and Retail purchases are made onsite, using PFA-provided cards.
- PFA invoices SARM members, based on the contracted prices.
- SARM members pay SARM directly.
If your municipality intends to purchase from this program, your municipality will be participating in a buying group. The Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) requires any municipality interested in participating in a buying group to publish a declaration of its intent to participate in a buying group. It is recommended that your municipality’s declaration be posted on the public notice website (sasktenders.ca) that your municipality posts competition documents to.
Click here for more information and to obtain sample wording for creating your municipality’s declaration.
To find out more about the RMA Canada Fuel and Lubricant Program offered to SARM members, contact one of SARM’s RMA representatives below: