SARM Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Program
The Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM) recognizes the vital role administrators play in all facets of municipal governance in rural Saskatchewan and is committed to developing and promoting the profession. As part of this effort, SARM has developed the SARM Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Program.
The SARM Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Program is for students enrolled in the Local Government Authority (LGA) Certificate Program at the University of Regina. Three scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded annually, paid at the end of the completed semester. Applications must be received by SARM no later than October 15th each year and must be supported by confirmation of enrollment during the current year.
Selection is based on academic achievement, demonstrated interest in administration as a career in rural Saskatchewan, contributions to and knowledge of rural Saskatchewan, and the following criteria.
SARM Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Criteria
Deadline: October 15
Number of Scholarships: 3
Field of Study: Local Government Authority (LGA) Certificate Program, University of Regina
Minimum Credit Hours: 3-6 in LGA
Selection Based on these Criteria:
- Evidence that the student is registered and remains registered in and/or completed at least 3 credit hours in LGA through the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Not be participating in a tuition reimbursement program.
- High School and/or Post-Secondary Transcripts.
- Letter of reference from a teacher, employer, or community leader.
- An essay demonstrating interest in Administration as a career in rural Saskatchewan and contributions to and knowledge of rural Saskatchewan.
SARM, 200 – 2221 Cornwall Street, Regina, SK, S4P 2L1, 306.757.3577, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Application Form, complete, and return to the SARM Office before October 15.
For more information about the SARM Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Program please contact:
Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities
200 - 2221 Cornwall Street, Regina, SK, S4P 2L1
Phone: 306.757.3577, Fax: 306.565.2141