Because SARM understands the vital role administrators play in municipal governance in rural Saskatchewan, we developed the SARM Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Program to help support administrators.
The scholarship is for students enrolled in the Local Government Authority (LGA) Certificate Program at the University of Regina. Three scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded annually, paid at the end of the completed semester. Application deadline is October 15th each year and must be supported by confirmation of enrollment during the current year.
Rural Municipal Administration Scholarship Criteria
Deadline: October 15
Number of Scholarships: 3
Field of Study: LGA Certificate Program, University of Regina
Minimum Credit Hours: 3-6 in LGA
Selection Based on these Criteria:
- Evidence that the student is registered and remains registered in and/or completed at least 3 credit hours in LGA through the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Not be participating in a tuition reimbursement program.
- High School and/or Post-Secondary Transcripts.
- Letter of reference from a teacher, employer, or community leader.
- An essay demonstrating interest in Administration as a career in rural Saskatchewan and contributions to and knowledge of rural Saskatchewan.