In 2020-21, SARM will administer a 50:50 cost-share rebate program to provide financial assistance to rural municipalities (RM), First Nations Bands (FNB) south of the Northern Administrative District, and through RMs and FNBs, other stakeholders with costs to undertake and coordinate the control of Prohibited Weeds as well as specific Noxious Weeds that are persistent and problematic invasive plants.
The CAP-IPCP is designed to achieve maximum results and accountability while focusing on early detection and rapid response (EDRR) as the first line of defense to identify, assess, and respond to invasive plant species.
The cost-share funding for the program is in the amount of $500,000 this program year (April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021).
The 2020-21 CAP-IPCP funding will provide rebates of no more than 50% of approved costs to RMs, FNBs, and other stakeholders:
- For all weeds designated as Prohibited Weeds under The Weed Control Act:
- 50% of the cost of pre-approved eligible herbicides; and
- 50% of the cost of application of those pre-approved eligible herbicides.
- For Noxious Weeds approved under the current program (absinthe, field bindweed, common burdock, bladder campion, ox-eye daisy, black henbane, hoary cress, hoary alyssum, leafy spurge, Russian knapweed, yellow toadflax, common tansy and wild parsnip):
- Up to 50% of the cost of pre-approved eligible herbicides.
Eligible Applicants to Claim through the CAP-IPCP
- Rural Municipalities (RMs)
- First Nations Bands (FNBs)
- Other Stakeholders eligible to claim through RMs and FNBs:
- Agricultural Producers
- Private Land owners (includes individual renters of rural reserve lands)
- Cities/Towns/Villages/Municipal Districts (eligible to claim for Prohibited Weeds only)
- Program Guidelines
- Schedule A
- Claim Form - Prohibited
- Claim Form - Noxious
- Herbicide Application Record must be included with each claim form
- Sample Weed Management Plan Word PDF
- 2020 Complete Guide to Crop Protection
- Sample Pesticide Applicator 2021 Employment Contract Word
July 2, 2020
- Current Weed Management Plan (WMP)
- 2020 Weed Inspector appointment letter
- Cooperative Weed Management Area agreement (if applicable)
October 31, 2020:
- Claim Forms; one for each weed species being claimed
- Copy of Herbicide Application Records for each claim form
- Copy of invoices for the purchase of pre-approved herbicides used in this program year
- For Prohibited Weeds only: up to 50% of herbicide application costs are eligible to expenses provided a copy of invoices are provided to support pre-approved herbicide
2020 Weed Inspector Webinar
- The Weed Control Act Enforcement Process (webinar video)
- The Weed Control Act Enforcement Process (PDF)
2021 Weed Inspector Webinars
April 21, 2021 at 12PM - Weed Identification
Clark Brenzil, Provincial Specialist - Weed Control, SK Ministry of Agriculture
- The webinar is free of charge and registration is required.
- Once your registration is received, you will be sent an email with the link to join the webinar.
- The registration deadline is 5:00 PM Monday, April 19, 2021.
Plant Health Officers
Katey Makohoniuk, Division 1
firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-594-7683
Joanne Kwasnicki, Division 2
email@example.com or 306-541-8437
Betty Johnson, Division 3
firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-315-3925
Lynne Roszell, Division 4
email@example.com or 306-852-8328
Chelsea Neuberger, Division 5
firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-380-4526
Colleen Fennig, Division 6
email@example.com or 306-946-9895