Under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) agreement, the Federal and Provincial governments have committed to invest $3.15 million in the Pest Biosecurity Program for the remainder of CAP to March 31, 2023. SARM will continue to deliver this program and administer a network of Plant Health Officers (PHO) across the province along with three rebate programs based on a 50:50 cost-share, one each focused on invasive plant control, rat control and nuisance beaver control.
SARM administers a 50:50 cost-share rebate program to all rural municipalities (RM) and First Nations Bands (FNB), south of the Northern Administrative District, to control the beaver population in their respective jurisdictions. The CAP-BCP will focus on the humane removal of nuisance beaver by providing rebates to RMs and FNBs that operate a humane beaver management program. Funding for rebates for this program year is to a maximum of $450,000.
The program will rebate:
- Up to 50% per adult nuisance beaver removed by licensed fur trappers (based on a minimum $30 payment per nuisance beaver removed);
- Up to $500 for pond leveler materials and installation each but not exceeding 50% of eligible cost (less any taxes with verified invoices); and
- Up to $500 for beaver deceiver materials and installation each but not exceeding 50% of eligible cost (less any taxes with verified invoices).
The deadline to claim under the 2021-22 CAP-BCP is February 15, 2022.
NEW – The eligible dates to claim for adult nuisance beaver to be removed has been extended to included February 16, 2021 to the claim deadline, February 15, 2022.
- Program Guidelines
- Claim Form
- Trapper Verification Form
- Sample Bylaw Word PDF
- RMs Where Beavers May be Hunted 2021
Plant Health Officers
Katey Makohoniuk, Division 1
email@example.com or 306-594-7683
Joanne Kwasnicki, Division 2
firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-541-8437
Betty Johnson, Division 3
email@example.com or 306-315-3925
Lynne Roszell, Division 4
firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-852-8328
Chelsea Neuberger, Division 5
email@example.com or 306-380-4526
Colleen Fennig, Division 6
firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-946-9895