Invasive Plant Management and Control
Invasive Plant Management Program
The Invasive Plant Management Program is administered by SARM and contracted to invasive weed specialist Harvey Anderson to provide weed management support and education to rural municipalities. Contact Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Invasive Plant Control Program (IPCP) 2017-18
The Invasive Plant Control Program (IPCP) is intended to assist rural municipalities (RMs), First Nations Bands (FNBs), and through RMs, Producers and Other Stakeholders with costs incurred to undertake and coordinate the control of Prohibited Weeds under The Weed Control Act and specific Noxious Weeds identified as persistent and problematic invasive plants. Only specific invasive plant species and corresponding registered herbicides are eligible to receive funding under this program. The Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM) is administering the IPCP on behalf of the Saskatchwwan Ministry of Agriculture and the Federal Government under Growing Forward 2.
NEW for 2017-18 - refer to the Definitions and FAQs pdf for more detail on "Public and Private" lands as well as what may be considered an "Eligible Expense"
- RMs and FNBs claiming are eligible for a rebate of up to 100% approved herbicide costs on public lands;
- All Other Stakeholders claiming are eligible for a rebate of up to 50% of approved herbicide costs on private lands.
- The program will continue to rebate 100% of approved herbicide costs to RMs, FNBs, or producers and other stakeholders for the control of weeds, in any location - public or private, designated as Prohibited Weeds under The Weed Control Act ( see Schedule A).
- IPCP Program Guidelines
- IPCP Schedule A - list of approved weed species and registered herbicides
- 2017-18 IPCP CLAIM Form RM, FNB, Other Stakeholder - INTERACTIVE or MANUAL
- RM/FNB SAMPLE Weed Management Plan
- IPCP Definitions and FAQs - NEW Information added
- Complete Guide to Crop Protection
- July 2, 2017:
- Copy of current Cooperative Weed Management Area (CWMA) Agreement (if applicable)
- Copy of current Weed Management Plan (WMP)
- Copy of letter appointing Weed Inspector for 2017 (not required for FNBs)
- October 31, 2017:
- Claim Forms
- Copy of invoices for the purchase of approved herbicides used this program year
For the control of Noxious Weeds approved under the current program (Leafy Spurge, Russian Knapweed, Common Tansy, Yellow Toadflax, Absinthe, Field Bindweed, Common Burdock, Bladder Campion, Ox-eye Daisy, Black Henbane, Hoary Cress and Wild Parsnip)
a rebate of up to 100% of approved herbicide costs on public* lands;
a rebate of up to 50% of approved herbicide costs on private* lands.
*refer to the Definitions and FAQs pdf for more detail on Public and Private lands
Be sure to refer to the 2017-18 IPCP Schedule A for a list of ALL approved herbicides and additives for this program year.