Canadian Agricultural Partnership - Pest Biosecurity Programs
The Federal and Provincial governments have committed to invest $3.15 million in the Pest Biosecurity Program for the 2020-21 program year. SARM will continue to deliver this program and administer a network of Plant Health Officers (PHO) across the province along with three rebate programs based on a 50:50 cost-share, one each focused on invasive plant control, rat control and nuisance beaver control.
The Pest Biosecurity Program, available to RMs and First Nations (FNB), south of the Northern Administrative District, is made up of 4 programs that will provide RMs and FNBs with resources when dealing with issues regarding invasive plants, rats, nuisance beavers, clubroot and other pests as declared/designated under the Saskatchewan Pest Control Act and Weed Control Act.
- Plant Health Network (CAP-PHN)
- Beaver Control Program (CAP-BCP)
- Invasive Plant Control Program (CAP-IPCP)
- Rat Control Program (CAP-RCP)
Knowledge Resource Center
- The Weed Control Act Enforcement Process (webinar video)
- The Weed Control Act Enforcement Process (PDF)