LOCATION: 111 Pinehouse Drive, Saskatoon
The R.M. of Corman Park is seeking a Legislative Officer who reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. Work is to be completed in an efficient and accurate manner with emphasis on independent work habits and self-motivated initiative to learn and excel in all aspects, while contributing to the overall corporate culture while aligning with the Council priorities and directives, as per the statutory requirements of The Municipalities Act.
Why the R.M. of Corman Park:
- We offer competitive wages and benefits, family-friendly policies, and an environment of respect.
- We strive to offer a progressive workplace with opportunities to grow and develop staff through ongoing training and development while also supporting work-life balance for our staff and their families.
- A welcoming and thriving community surrounding the City of Saskatoon and covering over 800 sq. miles. We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and passionate about providing excellent service.
- A job at Corman Park enables you to grow professionally while making a difference in the community. We employ about 85 full-time, part-time, seasonal, casual and contract staff that serve a local population of approximately 9,000 residents!
- At Corman Park, we strive to maintain a healthy and flexible workplace that encourages employees to think strategically, work collaboratively and champion new ideas.
The Legislative Officer will be responsible for:
- The overall oversight and administrative management of all legislative services (Federal and Provincial) for the municipality, bylaws, policies, The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (LA FOIP), compliance under The Municipalities Act and The Municipalities Regulations Act for Saskatchewan, and Committees of Council.
- Assisting in facilitating the legislative process for Council and Council Committees.
- Assist in transcribing meeting minutes, preparation, and distribution of Council agendas.
- Dealing with official reports and legal documentation.
- The ability to research grants and draft applications for municipal and project considerations.
- Oversee records retention systems.
- The ability to research, draft and review municipal briefings, and summaries.
- Providing general support for legislative special projects including election, by-election, and census.
- This position will work cooperatively with Corman Park staff, the CAO, directors, committee members, and members of Council, and model Corman Park’s values and leadership principles.
- A minimum of post-secondary certificate or diploma in office or business administration or related field.
- Four (4) years of related administration experience, and preferably in a municipal or legal setting.
- Highly competent in exercising the use of discretion, tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality in dealing with members of Council and Council Committees, the public, and staff.
- Working knowledge of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (LA FOIP), (or other Access and Privacy Legislation (National/International)), and The Municipalities Act would be considered an asset.
- Membership and or training through the Saskatchewan Association of City Clerks.
- Excellent ethical standards, decision-making, judgment, analytical and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, financial programs, and video conferencing systems.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will be open until it is filled.
Additional Job Information:
Hours of work: 8:30am to 5:00pm (minimum weekend and evening work may be required)
Wage Range: $80,000 per year to commensurate upon experience, plus benefits.
Type of Work: Office Environment
Benefits: Sunlife, Municipal Pension Plan, EDO Program
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com