LOCATION: 111 Pinehouse Drive, Saskatoon
The R.M. of Corman Park is looking for a Director of Financial and IT Services who can provide strategic and professional advice to the Reeve, Council and Chief Administrative Officer on a variety of financial and corporate areas. The Director reports to the Chief Administrative Officer, and will lead the development of budgeting, financial planning and reporting. The Director leads a Financial Services team that delivers services to a broad range of internal departments and external stakeholders in the areas of financial functions, claims management and information technology. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for researching, interpreting, and applying legislation and accounting practice standards to achieve organizational objectives and goals.
Why the R.M. of Corman Park:
- We offer competitive wages and benefits, family-friendly policies, and an environment of respect.
- We strive to offer a progressive workplace with opportunities to grow and develop staff through ongoing training and development while also supporting work-life balance for our staff and their families.
- A welcoming and thriving community surrounding the City of Saskatoon and covering over 800 sq. miles. We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and passionate about providing excellent service.
- A job at Corman Park enables you to grow professionally while making a difference in the community. We employ about 85 full-time, part-time, seasonal, casual and contract staff that serve a local population of approximately 9,000 residents!
- Annual Operating Budget of approximately $24 million.
- At Corman Park, we strive to maintain a healthy and flexible workplace that encourages employees to think strategically, work collaboratively and champion new ideas.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will possess a University Degree in Business, Public Administration, Commerce, or a related field and a professional accounting designation of Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified General Accountant (CGA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA). Seven or more years of related extensive experience in financial management or business services are required, preferably in a municipal or regional municipality setting. The ability to anticipate challenges, align resources and deliver results will be key to success. You possess excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills and your business and financial acumen will ensure that the Corman Park continues to follow a responsible, measured approach to managing its finances.
You have demonstrated leadership abilities and value collaboration. You have demonstrated the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible and willing to change priorities to meet changing deadlines. You are an effective and persuasive communicator. Your ability to lead the Financial Services team through a strategic and customer-focused lens will be a key to success.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The position will be open until it is filled.
Additional Job Information:
Hours of work: 8:30am to 5:00pm (minimum weekend and evening work may be required)
Wage Range: $125,000 -$155,000 per year to commensurate upon experience, plus benefits.
Type of Work: Office Environment
Benefits: Sunlife, Municipal Pension Plan
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org