SARM 90th Anniversary Student Scholarship
In 1995, SARM auctioned off the first copy of their history book, The Building of a Province: Commemorating the 90th Anniversary of the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities. This auction netted the sum of $2,600 which SARM contributed to the Centre for Agricultural Medicine. These funds initiated the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities 90th Anniversary $1,000 Student Scholarship in Agricultural Safety and Rural Health. The Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture's Founding Chairs Program maintains the scholarship.
This $1,000 scholarship is presented each year at the SARM Annual Convention.
SARM 90th Anniversary Student Scholarship in Agriculture Safety and Rural Health Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled in grade 12 for the current school year;
- Be planning on studying at a Saskatchewan post secondary school in the fall following secondary graduation. Students can also be studying outside of Saskatchewan if the course is not offered in Saskatchewan;
- Have completed the last two years of high school in Saskatchewan;
- Have a farming background;
- Have parents or guardians who own/rent land and pay taxes to a rural municipality; and
- Live in a rural area.
Applicants must complete an application form and write a one-thousand word essay on the importance of safety and health on their farm or safety and health hazards on their farm.
For a complete list of criterion, submissions deadlines, or to download an application form, please visit the Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture's website.