Vice President Carmen Sterling
Carmen was first elected to council of the RM of Weyburn No. 67 in 2002. She served 18 months as Councillor for Division 2 before being elected to Reeve in 2004. Over the years she has served on many committees on behalf of the RM, in addition to both Director and President of the Regina District Association of Rural Municipalities, Co-Chair of the Saskatchewan Water Appeal Board, and past Chairperson for both the PREP Board and RBU Committee with SARM. Carmen was first elected to the SARM Board of Directors representing Division 1 in March of 2014 and was elected Vice-President in March of 2016.
Carmen and her husband, Darren, operate a grain farm in the Weyburn area. They have two daughters, Shastidy, who is a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, currently living and working in Moose Jaw, and Brooke, who is studying Nursing at Medicine Hat College.
Carmen is passionate in her support of rural municipalities and agriculture in Saskatchewan. She feels it is very important to not only lobby and advocate for RMs but to also celebrate the contributions RMs make to the success of Saskatchewan and Canada. She looks forward to continuing to be a part of the strong voice of SARM.
Carmen represents SARM on the following committees:
- Ag Water Advisory Committee (WAC)
- Audit Committee
- Board of Examiners
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Gas Tax Partnership Program/ Gas Tax Program
- Municipal Forum
- Municipal Road for the Economy Program (MREP)
- Nuclear Waste Management Municipal Forum
- Public Industry Partnership Program Oversight Committee
- Policy Governance Committee
- Potash Tax Sharing Administration Board
- SARM Infrastructure and Development Committee
- SARM Municipal Governance Committee
- Staff Relations Committee
- Western Canada Municipal Association (WCMA)