Division 6 Director
Division 6 Director Rodney Wiens
Rod is currently Reeve of the RM of Mountain View No. 318 and was elected to the SARM Board as Director of Division 6 in March 2013.
Rod and his wife, Laurie, reside on the farm near Herschel where they operate a grain farm. Rod and Laurie have four children, Matt, Meghan, Ryan and Amy.
Rod graduated from the University of Saskatchewan in 1987 with a BSA, majoring in Ag Economics. He was involved with Saskatchewan Wheat Pool for about ten years serving as a delegate, and on the Board of Directors for four years. Rod also served on the Central Plains Co-op board for eight years.
Rodney represents SARM on the following committees:
- Area Transportation Committee Chair
- Medical Admissions
- Municipal Road for the Economy Program (MREP)
- North Central Transportation Planning Committee (NCTPC) (alternate)
- Public Safety Review Committee
- SAMA Rural Advisory Committee
- SARM Infrastructure and Development Committee
- SARM Municipal Governance Committee
- University of Saskatchewan Senate
- West Central Transportation Planning Committee (WCTPC)